Arroyo School is launching a hands-on tinkering and invention makerspace for our students! We are looking for gently used donations of tools and supplies to get this makerspace ready for the first day of school, August 24th.
If you have any of the items listed below that are gently used (please, no rusty, broken, or unsafe items), you can drop them off at any of the following locations in the clearly marked donation bins:
- Arroyo School: 1710 Arroyo Ave. (3rd patio from the left).
- 1375 Orange Ave. (front porch)
- 1569 Walnut St. (side yard to the right)
- 785 Cordilleras Ave. (side yard to the left)
Maker Space Donation Wish List:
- Textiles and Crafts: big sewing needles, thimbles, paint brushes (1″, 3″), straight pins, safety pins, tweezers, scissors (Fiskar and fabric), cutting mats, hand-crank rotary craft drills, pinking shears, seam rippers, cloth tape measures, sewing needles, thread, fabric, felt, twine
- Hand Tools: wire cutters, box knives, sanding blocks, hacksaws, wood-saws, awls, vices, bar and c-clamps, needle nose pliers, locking pliers, adjustable wrenches, drills
- Electrical Tools and Supplies: spools of electrical wire, small twist on wire connectors, AA NiMH rechargeable batteries and chargers, 9V battery clips, AA battery holders (holds 2, 3, or 4), alligator clips, extension cords, LED lights
- Miscellaneous: PVC pipe fittings (1″ or 3/4″), PVC pipes (1″ or 3″4″), clear plastic 12-20 gallon storage containers, 5 gallon buckets, working sewing machines (please drop off these items at the Arroyo Ave. location)
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Miller.