Marie Crawford, Principal
- Started teaching in 1988, in Redwood City (I was very young!)
- I've taught K-8th grades, both in formal and informal settings (at RCSD, SCSD, and The Tech Museum). I've also mentored K-8 teachers through The New Teacher Center in Ravenswood SD.
- Worked in administration at Central MS, the SCSD district office and at RCSD's district office.
- Hobbies: Watching my kids (Ashleigh and Ethan) play their many sports, hiking, yoga, sewing, art, travel and time with friends and family.
Tracey Olazar, Secretary
- I have worked in various capacities with the SCSD PTA's for 14 years.
- I have worked for SCSD for the past 4 years as a Para Educator and Secretary.
- Hobbies: I love to travel with my family and friends. I enjoy music, coffee, animals, horseback and bicycle riding, the beach and mountains.
4th grade teachers:
- I started teaching in 2001.
- I have taught grades 1, 2, and 3. I taught in the Pacifica School District for 10 years, Santa Cruz County for 2 years and volunteer taught in Antigua, Guatemala and Bradford, England.
- Hobbies: Spending time with my family, running, biking, reading, and traveling.
- I started teaching in 1999, all in San Carlos.
- I’ve taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.
- Hobbies: I love anything outdoors, especially hiking. My top hobby or passion would have to be seeing live music with an emphasis on Dave Matthews Band. I love to travel and see the world too!
- I have enjoyed the career of teaching since 2002.
- My teaching experiences include: K, 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6.
- Relaxations and passions in life include: Time with my family and friends, being in nature-especially hiking, creature-all with a slight aversion to smaller creatures that “crunch”, science and art, playing with words, sharing that "ah-ha" or "Woah! That’s cool!" moment.
- I have been a credentialed teacher since 2005.
- I received my masters in special education in 2016.
- I have taught grades K-2 and 4-8 in varying capacities.
- I was a textbook editor at McGraw-Hill in Chicago.
- Hobbies: Running, yoga, reading, music, spending time with friends and family!
- I started teaching in 1998 and have taught in East Palo Alto, Pleasanton, and Los Altos.
- I've loved teaching 1st and 2nd grade and am excited to move up to 4th!
- Hobbies: Spending time with my family and friends, exercising, and traveling
- I began my teaching career in 1996, and joined the San Carlos School District in 2001.
- I’ve taught 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th grade.
- Hobbies: I love being active outdoors hiking, running, and bike riding. I also love to spend time with family and friends, and enjoy lifelong learning.
5th grade teachers:
- I started teaching in 1992 in Simi Valley, then continued teaching in San Mateo before taking time off to stay home with my 3 daughters.
- I was hired in San Carlos in 2008 as a substitute, then a part-time and finally a full-time teacher.
- I have taught 1st thru 5th grades.
- Hobbies: Outside the classroom I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I love reading, listening to music, baking, and being outdoors.
- I started teaching 5th grade in 2007 at San Carlos School District (Central Middle School).
- I have taught five years math/science core, and four years language arts, social studies, math, and science (self-contained).
- Hobbies: Disneyland (and all things Disney), traveling, photography, reading, baking.
- I started my teaching career in 1998.
- I’ve taught kindergarten, 5th and 6th grade.
- Hobbies: Spending time with my family and friends are a few of my favorite pastimes. I thrive to be active and especially love to run, hike, and ski. When I’m feeling especially adventurous, I join my boys (Joe, 12 and James, 8) on the ice for a little hockey. 🙂
- I began my teaching career as a volunteer at Kilimani Elementary in Arusha, Tanzania, in 2003.
- Following my student teaching in grades 2, 3, and 4, I joined SCSD in 2006, working first as a Resource Specialist for grades 5-8, before moving to teaching 5th grade in 2012.
- Hobbies: I enjoy reading, writing, bike riding, and spending time with my family in San Francisco and Lake Tahoe.
- I started my teaching career in 1997.
- I have enjoyed teaching both in the middle school and elementary level - 8th, 5th, 4th and 3rd grade.
- Hobbies: I LOVE laughter and enjoy spending time with family and friends. My favorite place to be is the beach. When I’m not teaching, I love to read and spend time with my family.
- I started teaching in 2006. My first year teaching in San Carlos was 2014. Prior to that I taught in Chicago Public Schools.
- I have taught multiple grade levels, mostly primary. Grades K-2, 5th.
- Hobbies: I enjoy reading, cooking, baking, running, traveling, art, and more recently golfing.
- Last year I taught 5th and 6th grade at Tierra Linda Middle School.
- I’m looking forward to a new school.
- Hobbies: I enjoy traveling, hiking, and spoiling my cat.
- I started teaching in 1983.
- I’ve taught 1st-4th, 1st-3rd, 3rd-4th.
- Hobbies: Family, friends, walking, outdoors, reading, movies.
- My own children attended White Oaks, Central and Sequoia.
- I have taught for 15 years - 5 years at Central, 5 years at a nonpublic school in San Francisco and 5 years at Ingrid B. Lacy Middle School in Pacifica.
- Hobbies: Running, playing soccer, reading, spending time with family and friends.
- I started counseling in 2008 with a middle school in San Francisco.
- Since then, I have been a counselor for multiple grade levels, age groups, and settings throughout the bay area - including high school, preschool, elementary school, and adults.
- Hobbies: Volleyball, Snowboarding, Art, Traveling the world, Laughing and Playing with family and friends.
Kristin Kunzelman, Band Director
Have taught in San Carlos since 2007.
I started playing flute, clarinet, and saxophone in 6th and 7th grade in Colorado. I had to learn how to play every instrument to become a band director! I currently take piano lessons.
I have two cute kitties - Frodo (black) and Tira (orange). (Go Giants!)
Hobbies: traveling, bikram yoga, hiking, skiing, live music concerts, Giants and Warriors.
Colyn Fischer, Orchestra Director
- I've been teaching music since 2005, starting in my native Pennsylvania and since 2008 here in San Carlos. Before that I was a professional violinist in Pittsburgh and Chicago.
- I've been playing violin since 1980 and after school I put my musician cape on and try to make the world a little more awesome with my fiddle!
- I have a cat named "Petunia" with lots of whiskers and personality who likes to sing at night.
- Hobbies: Hiking, camping, travel, reading, writing, listening to good music and making art!!!
Katie Gotelli, Makerspace
- I've been working in the field of education and child development for over 15 years. For the past 10 years I have been affiliated with Galileo Learning and have been a part of managing Camp Galileo and Galileo Summer Quest in San Carlos at Brittan Acres.
- I've taught almost every age group from Preschoolers to High Schoolers. I am passionate about making education fun and accessible to every child.
- Hobbies: I enjoy volunteering and finding things on Pinterest to make.
Greg Zillmer, Design
- Started teaching: 2009
- Have taught: 1st & 2nd grade; 6th grade Math & Earth Science; 8th grade Math; 4th-8th grade Design Thinking; 7th-8th grade Computer Science
- Hobbies/Passions/Interests: Spending time with my wife and daughter; playing and watching sports, especially basketball, baseball, and hockey; going on adventures, both down the street and around the world; and eating anything and everything!
4th grade Teachers:
5th grade Teachers:
4th grade Teachers:
5th grade Teachers:
4th grade Teachers:
5th grade Teachers: